Tuesday, July 25, 2006

22 Years Young

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me...and on and on! Lol. Well I am officially 22 years of age, crazy times! Today was pretty relaxed, had lunch with Arlo and the rest of the TLS crew, then I wandered down town to check out flights. Turns out it is insanely expensive to fly directly to Brasilia, but much cheaper to fly first into Sao Paulo, so that is what I will be doing. I have decided to get a return ticket for one year, even though my internship should be a year and a half, the return flight is cheaper than the one way one and hopefully I can make it home at least once over the next year. Other than that, Moriah has made an amazing looking black forest cake for my birthday and is busy working at creating lazy perogies for me...my favorite!! Over the weekend we (Moriah, Cathy, Bishop and myself) headed to the city to celebrate my birthday, we had supper at a place called Four Rooms, where they have live jazz music on Saturday nights and wonderful red wine. We chilled out there for a good 2-3 hours and it was a great way to celebrate, the jazz band even played happy birthday for me. After that we hit up Gingur Skye for some dancing, but the place was so hot mostly I was just watching, lol. This coming weekend I am heading home to Saskatchewan, for a photo shoot on Saturday and to visit some of the family, as I may not see them again before I take off! BTW, I am looking to book my ticket for Sept 6 from Edmonton, for anyone who is curious, my position starts September 15.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

w00t! w00t! for booking flights!! I'm so happy for you Steph. We will see each other before you go! I'm back in Camrose on the 1st (tentatively) so we have to go out for coffee. :)
Going to miss you!! i'm the only one left in csc!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Am surprised the number of pple that I know who keep blogs...am more surprised that you of all pple...a comp sci grad just started recently...arrgghh...lol...U shld hit up my blog :o)