Thursday, October 25, 2007

MBET and Waterloo

Oh my faithful readers- I know it's been long again, maybe some people are still checking this though, so here is the latest update! I made it out to Waterloo at the end of August and since I have settled in quite well. The city is really spread out and I haven't really seen that much of it, but the University is fairly close and the bus schedule isn't so bad, so things are going well! I live in a very nicely renovated townhouse with two other graduate students from the other university in town- Wilfred Laurier. The girls are great, Anna is studying Sociology and Tiffany Public Policy- we are just different enough that we get along great!

MBET has been pretty good so far, it's not exactly what I expected, but then I don't really know what I was expecting. It's very focused on the Entrepreneurship part and our courses are set up in such a way that we can go through the whole process. We have had lots of chances to network and hear some amazing speakers, it's really forcing me to start getting out and meeting people. The class is divided into two sections for most of the time but all the people are great, and we do spend time outside of school getting together and having a good time.

The weather here has been so good to us, I have never seen an October so warm- and I'm loving it- apparently the winters don't get too cold here either (well compared to the great prairies), so I guess time will tell.

Ro came out to visit me a few weeks ago and we had a good time, headed into Toronto for one night and stayed at the Sheraton downtown- it was a blast and so nice to spend time with her, as it's hard when you are first getting to know new people and they don't really know the real you.

Over Thanksgiving, my third Thanksgiving away from home now, I headed to Ottawa with Tiffany. I was really impressed with the city, it was beautiful and seemed to have a calm to it. I went out with Patrick a couple nights and had a blast as well, it was just an overall relaxing, fun weekend. Tiffany's mom made a wonderful dinner for us and it was nice to be in a family setting- even if it wasn't my own!

Right now, I'm spending most of my time in school, but also relaxing at home and trying to enjoy the time as much as possible as I know it's going to go fast. I am heading to Edmonton on December 14th for Christmas break and then from there I will head down to Kyle for probably a week around Christmas and New Years Eve is currently wide open. I am really excited to come home for a break and can't wait to see everyone!! I miss you all! Hope life is being good to you, and I will try to update again soon, with pictures as well!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having a good time. I agree that you should update more often because I'm a loser and I check your blog everyday as a part of my routine; but it's good to get an update from you today :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah,,,I have also been waiting for a very long time...thank God for facebook coz i could see what u were up to. Anyway when you check into town holla at a sis. Good to hear you have fitted right in in Waterloo.
Take care Stephy,,,,

Jewels said...

hey hunny...miss you so much...cant wait to come and visit you when i get home!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a good time and all is well..