Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Still Heading to Waterloo...

Hey All! I guess I best keep posting to keep my faithful readers coming back (considering the time between some posts..)! So, I have made a decision even before waiting to hear more from the graduate office at U of A and scholarships. I am still going to head off to Waterloo for the MBET. I have decided (and THANK YOU all for the words of advice) that if I don't take this opportunity right now I may very well not get the chance again in the future and would regret it, and we don't want that!

I went ahead and found a place in Waterloo which I am really excited for, I have an awesome landlady who is already doing everything to try and accommodate me from here, and I will be living with two other female graduate students, so I think it's going to be an awesome time! I also took out another student loan from the bank because the government one was not going to completely cover my expenses (for example they are giving me $550/month and my rent alone is $425). They say that education is good debt, so let's hope that it really pays off!

Nothing else is really new with me, this week is my "holiday" for the summer, I am off on Thursday and Friday (anyone guess why I chose those days?!) and really looking forward to taking a break and relaxing, hanging out with good friends and family. I am done work officially on August 24th (although might take that day off, or just work a half day..) and heading home to Saskatchewan for the big road trip out to Waterloo on the 25th (yup, we are going to drive!).

All in all, I went back and forth a bit, but I am now getting super excited and can't wait to be standing on a stage in a year graduating with my Masters' degree! :-D

Hope everyone is doing well (and those in Edmonton are checking out all the summer events..)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear u made up ur mind!!! U asked if anyone could guess why you took Thursday and Friday off..ohhh yeah its ur birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are still going Steph. I think it's a great thing for you. good luck and let me know how it all goes!!