Monday, September 25, 2006

Trying to Keep Busy

Ok, so I guess it is time for an update, because I get so frustrated with anxiously checking everyone else's blog just to find there is no new updates and then here I am taking my own sweet time! Lol. So things are alright here, started work, joined Yoga and trying to keep myself busy. I still find Brasilia rather boring of a city (for my type of a good time anyway), but the general consensus even from people who live here is that it is a political/business city and just not that exciting. I guess I will have to travel around a bit to find the party. So here are the pictures of the places I have been since the last update.

The next couple pictures are at the Templo Da Boa Vontade (sure got that from the postcard cuz I would NOT have remembered). Anyway, this was the most brilliant place ever, I am pretty sure it will be my favorite thing about Brasilia. It is a temple, built for worship but not designated to any particular religion or belief. It is GORGEOUS and such a peaceful feeling overcomes you when you enter. They have all kinds of pictures and symbols from all religions and any person you could possible follow. I loved these statues of heads- they are amazing!



They also have a whole room full of these pictures with all kinds of influential people on them...its just great! (Can you tell how much I loved this place?!) These were the only things I could take pictures of, but there was way more to this place than that- a beautiful open place for walking and worship (that is the main pyramid of the temple) and then a great, quiet room downstairs (where there is a tomb, however I am not sure if there is actually a body in it or it is just for display) but that was my favorite place, carpeted and comfy and quiet, a great place to sit and meditate.





The next two pictures were taken at two other churches in the city, (my "mom" here took me to these places one day, it was interesting because we can't really communicate, but very kind of her to take me out) these ones I belive are both Catholic, but very beautiful as well.






This is a picture from a lakeside place I went with Cris (my younger "sister") to participate in a day with the NGO she works with (the same one that I visited the village with). This bridge is named after the president who build Brasilia and was voted one of the most (if not the most) beautiful bridges in the world, it really is stunning).



Some pet parrots of the person who lived (?) at the lakeside place we were at, not very friendly creatures, but pretty.



The next two pictures are from the zoo here, it was nice, been a long time since I went to the zoo, but here it is VERY spread out, which I am sure is great for the animals, but meant we would walk a bit and then drive a bit. I got sunburned, as you'll notice in the next evening pictures! :-)






The same night as the zoo (Saturday) I attended a graduation party with my "family". This place was gorgeous, I guess in Canada it would be what we consider a hall (intended for parties and the like) but this was more like a mansion, it was gorgeous and great food and drink and music, anyway, I couldn't believe they had such a fancy place! And I got to see just how crazy this family is ;-) But it was a good time, although it was a long day and I was pretty tired!









All in all I'm surviving and trying to entertain myself, I miss everyone at home though and love to get comments and emails and the like! Please keep in touch...take care!! Lots of Love from Brazil...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hellooooo!!
I'm so glad you're having a good time. What's the temperature there? The churches look beautiful. I was just reading an article today in Macleans stating that Calvin Klein bought property in Ladlon???? Maybe you'll see him. Love reading your blog.
Auntie Joanne

Jewels said...

hey hunny!!!! miss you...yeah for pics!!!! where's my postcard....hehe
love ya

Anonymous said...

hey hun, love the pictures, thanks for the history lesson it was awesome. seems like i wd enjoy that place political town lol my kinda party heheh keep the pics coming miss ya
Ramon

Anonymous said...

enjoy your blog. makes it seem like
your not so far away. got some help
with this from a good looking gal
and a football player.thanksgiving is probably a north american thing
so i will have some turkey for you.
take care of yourself.love grandpah

Nithya said...

oooo elephants and goofy maskss!! i love it!! we miss ya! what else is going on!? post more!!