Wednesday, June 21, 2006

No More Stats!!

For the first day of Summer 2006, I officially quit my job with Statistics Canada, and I feel relieved! Over the last couple weeks or more of the job I have been going back around and pestering people to return their census forms, then it seemed that I was claiming more in gas and hours than I had gotten forms back, ( is this my fault?! ) so needless to say I have been doing no work for them over the past week or so and therefore making no money, so who needs a job in which you aren't making any money?! I mean there are tons of great things to volunteer for and lots of times that I feel the need to work without being paid in monetary funds, often the success of completion is rewarding enough, but in bugging people to fill out a form for the Government of Canada?! I think not. So welcome to Summer and here's to many rays of sunshine being soaked up, many cool drinks on patios and balconies and tons of amazing BBQ food!! :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Steph..especially on keeping your scholarship....and you are more than welcome to come sit on our deck...soak up rays..(if we ever get any)..drink cold drinks...and eat lots of BBQ !!!
PS..bring family along...